These tips will get your home sold quickly, and at the highest price possible.
If you decide later that it may or will be in your best interest to have a seasoned and talented Realtor take over the selling and marketing job, I will:
- Be sure your home has good curb appeal and it is in clutter-free move-in condition.
- Have your state-mandated seller disclosures completed and ready for qualified buyers to read.
- Attract the most buyers possible by having a strong and effective marketing program. The more buyers the higher the selling price will be. If you do it right you can generate multiple offers and sell at higher than fair market value.
- Invite only qualified buyers; those with a lender’s pre-approval letter or proof of funds (POF). If you allow anyone to preview your home you will waste a lot of your time, and the risk of theft or danger may increase.
- Consider having a property inspection, Buyers will make higher offers if they know what they are buying. Consider doing some minor repairs based on the inspection report.
- After accepting an offer check with your buyer’s lender every few days to see how the financing process is going.
- Analyze the comps to be sure the asking price is accurate. Too high and it won’t sell. Too low and you will lose money.
- Provide and explain all required seller documents, disclosures, and city reports.
- Get your home sold quickly so there won’t be a stale listing.
- Generate multiple offers to get the highest price the market will bear, which will be higher than fair market value. It will cover your commission payment and more.
- Hold open houses if you like. I have sold many open house properties. (It takes a lot of promotion).
- Explain the newly-revised 16-page Residential Purchase Agreement (RPA). 95% of all California real estate transactions use the RPA.
- Explain my marketing program which includes putting my listings on more than 100 real estate portals and websites and emailing 35,000 L. A County Realtors and brokerages.
- Analyze all offers, to be sure you will have the right buyer.
- Guide you every step of the way during the entire transaction.
- Coordinate and watch over the entire transaction, and prevent any legal issues or mistakes.
- Be sure the transaction runs smoothly. (I have never had a complaint and I have a perfect record with the DRE).
- Do my best to make this a pleasant and profitable experience so you will be a happy camper.
- Find or create a good deal on your replacement home.
HELPFUL POSTS FOR SELLERS -- Click "Blog" on my website and scroll to:
Seller’s guide to a real estate transaction, Multiple offers generate higher offers for fsbos, Seller’s mandated disclosures, Fsbo marketing, Fsbo information, For fsbos – More helpful info, House questions, New RPA sample.
For condo owners; Condo/townhouse information worth reading, and Condo questions.